Lync 2013 "The buffer supplied to a function was to small" Solved

I recently came a cross an interesting issue when trying to assign a Lync certificate to an application server running cellphone statuts server.

The Lync deployment wizard reported ""The buffer supplied to a function was to small".

In this case the default teplates on the PKI server was replaced by more secure templates so the default webserver template was unavailable.

I tried different ways of requesting the certificate through MMC but with no luck.

Then I got a tip of this excellent guide by Richard Brynteson.

I followed the instruction on converted my ecrtificate from PFX format to PEM and then back again.

And it Worked! The deployment wizard now accepted to assign this certificate.

Blog reference: Mastering Lync

Comments

Popular Posts