Move application pool is now available in Skype for Business

Recently i did an upgrade from Lync 2010 to Skype for Business.
This was done as a side by side upgrade.
Included in the Skype for Business pool was also a Competella application pool.
Competella is a switchboard system integrated with Lync/Skype for business.

Previously when upgrading from Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 all application pools had to be removed and installed fresh on the Lync 2013 pool.

But to my surprise i discovered, when i right clicked the application pool in the Lync 2013 part of the topology, a choice of "Upgrade to Skype for Business".
I could not find any blogs or articles on this subject.
Since the choice was valid I upgraded the application pool and was very pleased to see that the application pool now was moved to the Skype for Business part of the topology.
I published the topology and in the to-do-list it informed me to upgrade the application server in the application pool to Skype for Business.
I did this and after testing was even more pleased to see that everything worked.

I have a hunch that this choice is only valid when upgrading from 2013 to Skype For business.
But when this is possible when upgrading, why not include a choice of "Move application pool" in the topology planner permanently if you want to move an application pool within your topology.
Even better include a Move-CSTrustedApplicationPool in the powershell module.

Next I will try the same procedure with a application pool for Polycom Meeting rooms.

Comments

Popular Posts